Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 15 mins
I am on vacation at my parent's place in the States and I am raiding my mother's recipe book collection. This is one of the ones I wanted to put on here so that I can access it when I am back in the UK. These look interesting for parties and picnics. A bit like a deviled egg but with potatoes, I think. I found them in Taste of Home's 'Church Supper' recipe cards. This was submitted by Stephanie Sheridan from Plainfield, Vermont. Cooking time includes chill time.
- Place the potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and cook for 12 to 15 minutes or until tender.
- Drain and immediately place potatoes in ice water, drain and pat dry.
- Peel two potatoes and then finely dice and place in a small bowl.
- Cut the remaining potatoes in half.
- With a melon baller, scoop out pulp,leaving a 3/8 inch shell. Set shells aside.
- Diced pulp and add to the bowl.
- Stir in the olives, parsley and onion.
- Combine the mayonnaise, mustard and pepper, gently stir into potato mixture.
- Sprinkle potato shells with salt.
- Stuff shells with potato salad.
- Sprinkle with paprika.
- Chill for at least 1 hour before serving.
- Garnish with extra parsley if desired.