Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
After years of experimentation I came up with this deliciously creamy potato salad that seems to disappear every time I set it out at a party.
- 5 lbs potatoes
- 1 large onion (minced)
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 6 sweet gherkins (finely chopped)
- 2 tablespoons pickle juice
- 6 hard-boiled eggs (, mashed or finely chopped in an electric chopper)
- 16 ounces sour cream
- 16 ounces Hellmann's mayonnaise
- Boil potatoes in skins until fork tender.
- (approximately 11/2-2 hours).
- Drain potaotes and let cool until slightly warm to touch.
- Peel skins from potatoes.
- Slice peeled potaotes into a large bowl.
- While sliced potaotes are still warm, add oil, vinegar, pickle juice, pickles, hard boiled eggs and onion.
- Toss all ingredients until blended.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Empty sour cream container into a medium sized mixing bowl.
- Fill empty sour cream container with mayonanaise and add to sour cream in bowl.
- Blend together sour cream and mayonnaise until smooth.
- Pour sour cream mixture over potato mixture and blend together coating potatoes.
- Chill overnight.
- Serve chilled.
Good potato salad. I added some celery for crunch. Served it at our Christmas party and was asked for the recipe.