Recipe by Leta
A good basic potato salad recipe. Easy to make and adjust to your personal tastes.
Top Review by Sharon123
This potato salad is great! My husband doesn't like crunchy things in his potato salad, so this is perfect for him! It is so nice and creamy. I did add a touch more Italian dressing. And I always use Kraft mayo(I buy it in the gallon jars, much cheaper!) Thanks for this recipe!!!
- 6 medium potatoes, boiled and cooled
- 6 large eggs, boiled,peeled and cooled
- 1⁄3 cup sweet pickle, cut into cubes
- 1 teaspoon Italian dressing
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- The potatoes and eggs should be cut into small cubes.
- (How small depends on your personal preference.) Place in large bowl.
- Combine the pickle cubes, dressing, mayonnaise, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Mix well.
- Add the mayonnaise mixture to the potatoes and eggs and mix until well blended.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours to let the flavors blend.
- Personal taste should always dictate, so if you like your potato salad wet, make a little more dressing- or dry, make a little less.
- The same goes for the amount of pickles you use.
- Tweak the recipe to your personal tastes.