Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
A good basic potato salad recipe. Easy to make and adjust to your personal tastes.
- 6 medium potatoes, boiled and cooled
- 6 large eggs, boiled,peeled and cooled
- 1⁄3 cup sweet pickle, cut into cubes
- 1 teaspoon Italian dressing
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- salt and pepper
- The potatoes and eggs should be cut into small cubes.
- (How small depends on your personal preference.) Place in large bowl.
- Combine the pickle cubes, dressing, mayonnaise, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Mix well.
- Add the mayonnaise mixture to the potatoes and eggs and mix until well blended.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours to let the flavors blend.
- Personal taste should always dictate, so if you like your potato salad wet, make a little more dressing- or dry, make a little less.
- The same goes for the amount of pickles you use.
- Tweak the recipe to your personal tastes.
This potato salad is great! My husband doesn't like crunchy things in his potato salad, so this is perfect for him! It is so nice and creamy. I did add a touch more Italian dressing. And I always use Kraft mayo(I buy it in the gallon jars, much cheaper!) Thanks for this recipe!!!
Simple and basic but I never made a potatoe salad before and wanted just a simple and basic recipe...Very good, My husband thought it was yummy and I will be making it again. Thank you
I brought this potato salad to a July 4th party. It was well-received. I changed the recipe a bit by adding yellow mustard and some chopped red onion. I liked the pickles in it, so that was a nice change. This is a very mild recipe. If it hadn't been for my added ingredients, I think it would have been boring for my tastebuds. Thank you for posting!