Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Chef Curtis Stone prepared this on The Chew - can't wait to try it.
Make and share this Potato Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 2 lbs yukon gold potatoes (peeled, cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes)
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1⁄4 cup shallot (sliced)
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped dill pickles
- 2 tablespoons drained capers
- 4 ounces bacon (cooked and finely diced)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Place the Potatoes in a large pot of Salted Water and bring the water to a boil. Continue to boil for about 10 minutes, or until just tender. When the Potatoes are done, a sharp knife should be able to pierce the Potato easily and the Potato should glide off the knife without falling apart.
- Using a colander, drain the water from the Potatoes and gently shake the Potatoes in the colander to allow the excess water to drain away.
- Transfer the Potatoes to a large bowl.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, bring the Chicken Broth to a simmer over high heat. Once the Broth boils, add the Shallot, dill pickles, and Capers. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer very gently for 2 minutes or until the Shallots soften slightly.
- Add one-third of the Broth mixture to the hot Potatoes and, using a silicone spatula, gently fold the Potatoes with the Broth mixture for about 2 minutes, or until most of the Broth has been absorbed. Repeat, adding all of the solids and enough of the stock to moisten. While folding the broth mixture into the Potatoes, the Potatoes should break down a bit. Set aside.
- In a heavy large nonstick frying pan, cook the Bacon over medium-high heat for about 10 minutes, or until crisp and golden brown. Transfer the Bacon to a plate lined with paper towels and cool slightly.
- Gently fold the Bacon and Parsley into the warm Potatoes. Gently fold the Mayonnaise into the Potatoes. Season to taste with Salt and Pepper. Serve warm, room temperature, or chilled.