Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
From Food Network Without Eggs1
- 4 medium red potatoes
- 4 medium russet potatoes
- 1 lemon, juice and zest of
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley leaves, finely chopped
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- Place potatoes in a large pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil and cook for about 20 minutes; the potatoes are done when a knife is easily inserted into the potato. Drain and cool potatoes in the refrigerator for approximately 20 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine the lemon zest, lemon juice, and mustard. Season, to taste, with salt and pepper. Slowly whisk in the olive oil. Add red onion, red pepper, parsley, and scallions and stir to combine and coat with the dressing. Season, to taste, with salt and pepper.
- Remove potatoes from refrigerator cut into eighths or bite-size pieces. Add potatoes to bowl and toss to combine. Adjust seasonings, if necessary.
This was great for my vegan friend who is allergic to gluten. I made sure I took every bit of skin off of it! It was perfect finally something I could share with her.
This potato salad has lots of flavor, but I thought it was a little too oily. If I make it again, I will start with half as much oil. Also, I will probably use less onion (personal preference). Made for PAC Spring 2008.