Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This potato salad brings back fond memories for me. My mother always brought this to every family gathering that I can remember. It sounds like simple ingredients, but it really is tasty. I always like to eat a little while it is still warm before I refrigerate it for serving. You may need to add a little more Miracle Whip just prior to serving since the potatoes absorb as they sit. Put on the garnish just prior to serving in case it needs to have more of the Miracle Whip stirred in. My mother learned to make it like this when she was a teen working at the local five and dime. Unsure yield.
- Scrub the potatoes with a vegetable brush under cool running water. Boil the potatoes in their jackets until just fork tender. Drain.
- When slightly cool, peel and cut into 1" chunks. Be careful to discard any hard pieces of potato.
- While the potatoes are still warm, add the onion, green pepper and celery. Stir in the Miracle Whip. Once you have it all mixed to the moistness you like, add another heaping spoonful of Miracle Whip as it will absorb as it sits in the refrigerator. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Gently fold in the chopped eggs.
- Refrigerate 'til ready to serve.
- Slice the remaining 1/3 of the green pepper into rings. Arrange the rings on top of the potato salad. Peel the remaining hard-boiled egg and slice. Place egg slices in the center of the pepper rings. Slice radishes and arrange around pepper rings. Sprinkle all with paprika.