Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
I make this all summer long. We have to have this anytime we grill or BBQ which is often. Never, never any left-over.
Top Review by Missy Wright
This is an excellent potato salad recipe. I used celery salt instead of the salt and celery seeds because I did not have the seeds, but it turned out fine. It is a very mild taste. Next time I will add a little more mustard, perhaps something spicy. I will absolutely use this recipe again. Thank you!
- 1814.36 g red potatoes
- 5 hard-boiled eggs, separated
- 4.92 ml salt, divided
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 236.59 ml mayonnaise
- 29.58 ml sweet pickle relish
- 14.79 ml prepared mustard
- 2.46 ml pepper
- 2.46 ml celery seed
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook potatoes in boiling water to cover 40 minutes or until tender; drain and cool.
- Peel potatoes and cut into 1 inch pieces.
- Chop egg whites.
- In a large bowl, stir together potato, egg whites, 1/2 t. salt and green onions.
- Using a fork, mash the yolks in a small bowl; add in remaining 1/2 t. salt, mayo, pickle relish, mustard, pepper, and celery seed; stirring until well blended.
- Gently stir yolk mixture into potato mixture; adjust seasoning to taste with salt and pepper.
- Cover and chill 2 hours (it is even better if you can chill this overnight and serve the next day).