Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
An easy potato salad. If you prefer a little more zing, you can make it with Miracle Whip instead of mayonnaise. My husband also likes to pour in a couple of tablespoons of the bacon grease.
- 5 lbs small red potatoes
- 12 eggs, boiled and chopped
- 1 lb bacon, fried and crumbled
- 2 bunches green onions, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups mayonnaise, adjust to taste
- Boil potatoes until just done but not mushy, allow to cool and then cut into smaller pieces if necessary.
- Mix potatoes with chopped boiled eggs, crumbled bacon, chopped green onions, then stir in mayonnaise to desired consistency.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
I was the queen of the potato salad after making this for a birthday bbq! I also used some of the bacon drippings to make this super bacony. I will make this again and again!
This is a very good basic potato salad. My husband loved it , he hates it when I put "fancy stuff" in it. (i.e. celery , onion , relish *rolling eyes*) Anyway , he loved the salad , and asked that I make it again. Couldn't be simpler to put together! Made for PAC '08