Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is my Aunt Debbie's recipe and the only potato salad I will eat. I am not a fan of mayonnaise, so I don't care for the ones that have an overt mayo flavor. I also don't like the pickle relish that most potato salads have. If you do like alot of mayo, you could always add more. Be sure to use a good mayo (like Helmann's). I get compliments on this every time I make it!
- 5 lbs potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 dozen egg, hardboiled and chopped
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 3 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- Boil potatoes with 1 T salt until tender.
- Drain and let cool.
- Mix remaining ingredients except parika in large bowl; add potatoes and mix well.
- Add salt to taste. Sprinkle paprika over top; chill.