Recipe by T Mitchener
The only potato salad I would ever eat growing up was the one my gramma made. When she passed away I had to learn to make it myself. Of course it never tastes as good as gramma's but it's still good. It's creamy with chunks of potato.
- 8 -10 potatoes (diced and boiled)
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 1⁄2 dill pickle (chopped)
- 4 hard-boiled eggs (chopped)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups Miracle Whip
- pepper (to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix onions, pickles, eggs, salt and Miracle Whip together.
- Since I like mine creamy (like mashed) but still have chunks of potato I found out she divided her potatoes in half.
- While the potatoes are still warm mix half of the potatoes with other ingredients with a fork.
- This breaks down the potatoes and makes them creamy.
- Once the other half of potatoes are cooled down add them to the mixture and they'll stay chunky.
- Some times I add more pickle juice for more taste.
- I'm sure you can just use relish instead.
- If you like it completely creamy just mix everything together while potatoes are warm.
- If you only like them chunky let the potatoes cool before you mix them into the dressing.