Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
A bodacious and distinctive, but simple potato salad.
- 1 medium russet potato
- 1 stalk celery
- 1 hardboiled egg
- 2 tablespoons chopped onions
- 2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 3 tablespoons homemade mayonnaise (See my other recipes)
- 2 slices bacon
- Place the egg in a pan of room temperature tap water. Cook, covered, for 15 minutes. Drain the water from the pan and shake it to crack the egg shell. Fill the pan with ice and set aside for 5 minutes.
- In the mean time bring another pot of water to boil with the potato. Cook just shy of well done, about 25 minutes. A paring knife should meet some resistance when inserted into the potato.
- While the potato is cooking, fry the bacon crisply. Place it between two sheets of paper towel and roll over it with a rolling pin (or a glass jar). Reserve the crushed bacon.
- Peel the potato if you want to. Chop all the ingredients to your choice of size. I personally prefer a fine chop.
- Stir all the ingredients except the mayonnaise together to achieve a thorough mix.
- Carefully fold in the mayonnaise, sprinkle on the bacon crumbs, serve and enjoy.