Recipe by Charlotte J
My sis in law used Idaho Russet, she also told me she uses light mayonnaise when making her salad. Add as much or as little of the sauce depending how dry/moist you like your salad.
- 10 large red potatoes
- 8 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- sweet pickle relish, to taste
- grated onion, to taste
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, sliced
- 2 cups Miracle Whip
- 3 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄2 cup prepared mustard
- salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil potatoes in their skins.
- Peel while hot and mash in a bowl.
- Add chopped eggs, then sweet relish and onion to taste.
- Mix sauce ingredients; add only enough vinegar so sauce is neither too sweet nor too sour.
- Add to potato mixture.
- Garnish with egg slices and paprika.