Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
My sis in law used Idaho Russet, she also told me she uses light mayonnaise when making her salad. Add as much or as little of the sauce depending how dry/moist you like your salad.
- 10 large red potatoes
- 8 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- sweet pickle relish, to taste
- grated onion, to taste
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, sliced
- 2 cups Miracle Whip
- 3 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄2 cup prepared mustard
- salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- Boil potatoes in their skins.
- Peel while hot and mash in a bowl.
- Add chopped eggs, then sweet relish and onion to taste.
- Mix sauce ingredients; add only enough vinegar so sauce is neither too sweet nor too sour.
- Add to potato mixture.
- Garnish with egg slices and paprika.
Way too sweet for my family. None of us liked the creamy texture of the mashed potatoes either. I guess I will go back to my basic recipe.
Too sweet for us with the relish and Miracle Whip, and none of us enjoyed the texture of the salad at all. I don't think we will have this again. Thanks for posting it though!
I followed the ingredients for this recipe except no onions and used 1/2 the amt of mustard. I like everything about this potato salad except for the amt of mustard; the taste permeates and overshadows the rest of the great flavors. Made for Wonders 2008