Prep 45 mins
Cook 24 hrs
The secret is in the type of Potato, which is dry and absorbs the flavor of the dressing. Letting it sit overnight imparts the flavor to the Potatoes.
- 5 lbs idaho potatoes
- 1⁄2 cup Miracle Whip (Salad Dressing)
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 medium onions (minced)
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- Boil Potatoes in their skin till cooked. Cool and peel.
- Mix all dressing ingredients together (Miracle Whip, mayonnaise, onions and vinegar). Depending on preference, you can make more dressing; the Mayo to Miracle Whip ratio is 2-1.
- When Potatoes are peeled, cut into bite sized chunks.
- Layer dressing and Potatoes as you cut them.
- Lightly toss till Potatoes are covered in dressing.
- Cover and let sit in fridge overnight to absorb flavors.
Hi susan, it is me again. I feel silly, I don't think I have posted my potato salad recipe yet. But I will soon. I am inschool, so when I get time, I will. sorry about that.
In reply to the former review: it does ask for 2 onions. It's very basic but it should be fine.
I tried this and it was not what I am used to in Potato Salad. All it is, is alot of mayonnaise and potatoes, no onion, egg, bacon nothing but potatoes, mayo, and vinegar YUCK! Sorry