Recipe by Synthetic Fate
This is my sister's recipe. Everyone just loves her potato salad! It's thick and hearty with a great flavor!
Top Review by moallen31
This is very close to my recipe for potato salad, but somehow lost mine. So from now on, this one will be the one I use. One tip to make sure you don't overcook your potatoes, is put them in the water in the pot and when it boils hard for 8 mins, drain and dress. Perfect everytime!
I added grey poupon to mine for a good kick and bacon. No peppers, but am definitely willing to try that!
- 5 lbs potatoes, peeled and cut into cubes
- 4 hard-boiled eggs
- 1 large red onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup dill pickle, chopped
- 1 -2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1 -2 tablespoon pickle juice
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil potatoes until soft and then drain well.
- In a large bowl add potatoes, 3 of the hard boiled eggs (chopped), onion, green pepper, celery and dill pickles; toss lightly to mix.
- Add mustard, 1 tbsp dill pickle juice, salt, pepper and 1 cup of mayonnaise; mix well.
- Add more dill pickle juice if desired.
- Add more mayonnaise until you reach desired consistency.
- Slice remaining hardboiled egg into long ovals and lightly press onto top of potato salad for garnish.
- Serve chilled.
- *Note: The "cooking" time for this recipe also includes the time for chilling.