1/4 Photos of Potato Saffron Omelet
echo echo's Note:
Adapted from recipe originally from Gourmet Magazine, by way of the Food Network website.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Dissolve saffron in heated broth; let steep at least 5 minutes.
- 2Cook potatoes in boiling, salted water 8 minutes; drain.
- 3In 12" non-stick skillet, sauté onions in 2 Tbs oil over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until golden; stir in potatoes to coat; transfer to a bowl.
- 4In a large bowl whisk together eggs through pepper; whisk in saffron broth.
- 5Stir into onion and potato mixture.
- 6In skillet over medium-high heat, heat 3 Tbs oil until hot but not smoking and add egg mixture, spreading potatoes evenly.
- 7Reduce heat to medium and cook omelet, stirring occasionally, about 1 minute until eggs just begin to set.
- 8Shift skillet so that 1/4 of omelet is directly over center of burner and cook 1 minute; shift skillet 3 more times to cook remaining quarters 1 minute each.
- 9Reduce heat to low, center skillet and cook omelet about 4 more minutes until almost set.
- 10Turn omelet over and cook about 4 minutes until other side is golden.
- 11Slide omelet onto a platter, cool to room temp and cut into wedges.
- 12May be made 1 day ahead: cover and chill; bring to room temp before serving.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Potato Saffron Omelet
Serving Size: 1 (148 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 193.0
- Calories from Fat 110
- Total Fat 12.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 158.6 mg
- Sodium 80.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 6.2 g