Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
Recipe from the package of Kroger's Potato Rosemary Artisan Bread.
Make and share this Potato Rosemary Bread Strata With Asparagus and Gruyere recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 loaf potato rosemary bread, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 lb fresh asparagus, woody ends snapped and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups milk (whole milk preferred)
- 1 cup gruyere cheese, shredded
- 1 cup swiss cheese, shredded
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup fresh chives, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.Spray bottom and sides of a 13" x 9" x 2" glass baking dish with cooking spray. Place half of the bread cubes in the bottom of the dish. Bring a medium pot of salted water to a boil. Add asparagus and cook until just tender - about 3-4 minutes. Drain and rinse under cool water.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, salt and pepper.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine cheeses. Add chives and parsley and then gently mix.
- Place half of the asparagus on top of the bread cubes, then half of the cheese mixture.
- Then put half of the egg mixture on top.
- Repeat with remaining bread, asparagus, cheese mixture and egg mixture.
- Make sure the bread cubes are mostly submerged in the egg mixture. If not, press them down.
- For best results, let mixture rest for 15 minutes before cooking so the bread can absorb the egg.
- Place glass baking dish on a baking sheet into the preheated oven.
- Bake 35-40 minutes, until browned and puffed.