Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
Recipe from the package of Kroger's Potato Rosemary Artisan Bread.
- 1⁄2 loaf potato rosemary bread, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 lb fresh asparagus, woody ends snapped and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups milk (whole milk preferred)
- 1 cup gruyere cheese, shredded
- 1 cup swiss cheese, shredded
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup fresh chives, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.Spray bottom and sides of a 13" x 9" x 2" glass baking dish with cooking spray. Place half of the bread cubes in the bottom of the dish. Bring a medium pot of salted water to a boil. Add asparagus and cook until just tender - about 3-4 minutes. Drain and rinse under cool water.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, salt and pepper.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine cheeses. Add chives and parsley and then gently mix.
- Place half of the asparagus on top of the bread cubes, then half of the cheese mixture.
- Then put half of the egg mixture on top.
- Repeat with remaining bread, asparagus, cheese mixture and egg mixture.
- Make sure the bread cubes are mostly submerged in the egg mixture. If not, press them down.
- For best results, let mixture rest for 15 minutes before cooking so the bread can absorb the egg.
- Place glass baking dish on a baking sheet into the preheated oven.
- Bake 35-40 minutes, until browned and puffed.