Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
My version of my grandmother's recipe. No one ever gave me the recipe or taught me how to make it - so I made up my own version.
- 29.58 ml chicken soup powder
- 4.92 ml white pepper
- 2.46 ml garlic salt
- 2.46 ml garlic powder
- 14.79 ml chives, sliced
- 59.14 ml paprika
- 118.29 ml asiago cheese
- 177.44 ml red onion
- 236.59 ml cheddar cheese
- 113.39 g cottage cheese
- 113.39 g sour cream
- 453.59 g bag frozen hash browns
- Combine everything but potato in a bowl and let sit at room temp 15-20 minutes.
- Then cover that bowl and refrigerate overnight, while potatoes are thawing in a colander overnight too.
- Next morning mix potato and cheese mixture together and let sit at room temp for 15-20 minutes.
- Either freeze it (if you’re going to use it later) or make it right away.
- 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes.