Recipe by BBCFan
My version of my grandmother's recipe. No one ever gave me the recipe or taught me how to make it - so I made up my own version.
- 2 tablespoons chicken soup powder
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon chives, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup paprika
- 1⁄2 cup asiago cheese
- 3⁄4 cup red onion
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 4 ounces cottage cheese
- 4 ounces sour cream
- 1 (1 lb) bag frozen hash browns
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine everything but potato in a bowl and let sit at room temp 15-20 minutes.
- Then cover that bowl and refrigerate overnight, while potatoes are thawing in a colander overnight too.
- Next morning mix potato and cheese mixture together and let sit at room temp for 15-20 minutes.
- Either freeze it (if you’re going to use it later) or make it right away.
- 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes.