Prep 3 hrs
Cook 20 mins
I made these up and they turned out light and fluffy.
- 1 cup mashed potatoes
- 2 teaspoons yeast
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 4 cups flour
- bench flour
- Proof yeast in 1 cup warm water with the honey.
- Mix in mashed potatoes and eggs.
- Heat milk in microwave till warm; add butter.
- Mix in to yeast mixture.
- Add flour and knead (I needed to add more flour just until not sticky).
- Let rise till doubled.
- Make into rolls and put on cookie sheet.
- Let rise until doubled.
- I sprinkled flour on with sifter VERY LIGHTLY over the top.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 15 -20 minutes or until browned.
This recipe makes great rolls. They are lovely and soft. The dough was quite sticky but maybe I didn't quite put enough flour in. Anyhow they taste good, so thanks!