1/7 Photos of Potato Rolled Tacos
Potatoes with jalapeños and cheese rolled in a corn tortilla and fried till crispy. I started making these because I miss the potato tacos in San Diego.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Chop jalapeño peppers finely.
- 2Chop cilantro.
- 3Boil potatoes till easy to mash but still a little firm.
- 4Mash potatoes and add jalapeños, taco seasoning, cilantro and cheese together.
- 5Prepare tortillas by fast steaming so they are easy to roll. I usually boil water in a small pot a little smaller than the tortilla's then place a double paper towel on top and place one tortilla at a time for 2 or 3 seconds till steamed, then remove and replace as you go.
- 6Take a steamed tortilla and spoon about 1 tablespoon of potato mixture in and roll gently. Place in baking dish with the rolled side down. Continue doing this lining them up in dish as you go.
- 7Place in freezer for 15 minutes or until they become slightly stiff. I like this method better than toothpicks.
- 8Heat oil on medium heat (I usually use olive oil).
- 9When oil is ready, place 4 tacos at a time with the rolled side down in pan.
- 10Flip to other side when brown.
- 11Remove and drain on paper towels.
- 12Garnish as desired.
- 13I use sour cream mixed with taco sauce drizzled over the top.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Potato Rolled Tacos
Serving Size: 1 (173 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 242.8
- Calories from Fat 46
- Total Fat 5.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 9.0 mg
- Sodium 273.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.4 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 7.4 g