1/7 Photos of Potato Rolled Tacos
Potatoes with jalapeños and cheese rolled in a corn tortilla and fried till crispy. I started making these because I miss the potato tacos in San Diego.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Chop jalapeño peppers finely.
- 2Chop cilantro.
- 3Boil potatoes till easy to mash but still a little firm.
- 4Mash potatoes and add jalapeños, taco seasoning, cilantro and cheese together.
- 5Prepare tortillas by fast steaming so they are easy to roll. I usually boil water in a small pot a little smaller than the tortilla's then place a double paper towel on top and place one tortilla at a time for 2 or 3 seconds till steamed, then remove and replace as you go.
- 6Take a steamed tortilla and spoon about 1 tablespoon of potato mixture in and roll gently. Place in baking dish with the rolled side down. Continue doing this lining them up in dish as you go.
- 7Place in freezer for 15 minutes or until they become slightly stiff. I like this method better than toothpicks.
- 8Heat oil on medium heat (I usually use olive oil).
- 9When oil is ready, place 4 tacos at a time with the rolled side down in pan.
- 10Flip to other side when brown.
- 11Remove and drain on paper towels.
- 12Garnish as desired.
- 13I use sour cream mixed with taco sauce drizzled over the top.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Potato Rolled Tacos
Serving Size: 1 (173 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 242.8
- Calories from Fat 46
- Total Fat 5.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 9.0 mg
- Sodium 273.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.4 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 7.4 g