Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
In case you can't tell from the name, this is a French dish - from Lucy Waverman. Thin layers of golden potatoes, roasted red peppers baked in garlic-infused cream - yummy! If red peppers are too expensive, use bottled ones but rinse & dry them well with paper towels. You can substitute whipping (heavy) cream & whole (or 2%) milk in a 50/50 ratio for table (18%) cream.
- Preheat oven to 375F& butter an 8 cup shallow casserole dish.
- Combine cream, garlic, salt& pepper& bring just to steaming over medium heat; remove from heat& discard garlic.
- Coat the bottom of the casserole dish with the cream mixture.
- Layer about 1/3 of the potato slices overlapping& sprinkle with 1/2 of the red pepper strips; top with 1/3 of the cream mixture.
- Repeat layering, ending with potaoes& cream mixture.
- Press down potatoes with a spatula to cover in cream; sprinkle with cheese.
- Cover with foil, place on a baking dish& bake until potatoes are tender (50- 60 minutes); uncover for the last 10 to 15 minutes to crisp top.
- Let stand for 10 minutes.
This recipe is simple to assemble and results in a very flavorful side dish. CountryLady your recipe is delicious and thank you for sharing it!