Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
My own creation. While i was working, couldn't find enough time to cook for my sister, so I thought of a simple meal with what I have in my kitchen. Its simple, few ingredients, preparation was fast--20 minutes the most. Potatoes and rice can steam at the same time. Always have a bottle of fried garlics handy for all cookings.
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 2 potatoes
- 12 shelled prawns
- 2 stalks spring onions
- 2 fried garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons kikoman light soya sauce
- 1 dash white pepper powder
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Steam the basmati rice (25minutes), not too much water,not soggy. Once cooked, fluff it up with chopsticks.
- Steamed the salted potato wedges or 1" cubes(25 minutes). When the potatoes are cooked, marinate in olive oil, soya sauce and dash of white pepper.
- Add oil to wok, add in rice and then the potatoes, then the prawns,dash of pepper, once ready, add the fried chopped garlics and chopped spring onions, give them the final stir before serving.