Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
A pleasant spongy light bread! Copyright (c) Bette Hagman
- 6 large eggs
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons sugar
- 3⁄4 cup potato starch
- 1⁄2 cup rice flour
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Preheat oven at 350 degrees F. Lightly grease 1 nonstick 8" x 4" x 3" bread pan and set aside. Separate eggs. In large bowl, beat egg whites until mounds form. Then beat in the sugar a tablespoon at a time.
- In another bowl, beat egg yolks for about 5 minutes at high speed until light, creamy and fluffy.
- Sift together the flours, salt, and baking powder. Sprinkle about one-third of the flour mixture over the egg whites; fold together gently until well mixed; repeat tow more times. Carefully fold beaten egg yolks into flour mixture until well blended. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake 45 to 50 minutes and cool 1 hour before removing from pan. Allow to cool 3 hours before slicing.