1/4 Photos of Potato, Red Pepper and Cheese Frittata
Cayenne pepper can be used in place of black pepper just to "kick it up" slightly.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 potato, peeled (cut into about 1/4-inch cubes)
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 large red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 6 green onions, chopped (can use more or less green onion, or use 1 large yellow onion, chopped)
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic (or to taste)
- 1 pinch dried oregano
- 8 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons whipping cream (or use half and half)
- salt and pepper
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese (can use more or less)
- 1Cook the cubed potatoes in boiling salted water until firm-tender (about 7-8 minutes) drain.
- 2Heat oil and butter in a large oven-proof skillet over medium heat.
- 3Add in the red pepper and green or yellow onions with oregano; saute for about 5-6 minutes, adding the garlic the last few minutes.
- 4Add in the cooked potatoes and saute for 1 minute.
- 5In a bowl whisk together eggs, whipping cream, salt and pepper, then pour over veggies in the skillet; reduce heat to medium-low, cover the skillet and cook until the eggs are set around the edges (about 7-8 minutes, do not over cook!).
- 6Sprinkle the top with grated cheddar cheese.
- 7Set the oven to broil.
- 8Place the skillet under the broiler heat (about 4-5 inches from heat) cook until the cheese is melted and very lightly browned.
- 9Let the frittata sit for 1 minute, then slice into 8 wedges, or as desired.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Potato, Red Pepper and Cheese Frittata
Serving Size: 1 (297 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 748.4
- Calories from Fat 512
- Total Fat 56.9 g
- Saturated Fat 27.3 g
- Cholesterol 673.8 mg
- Sodium 698.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 5.0 g
- Protein 38.5 g