Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
A simple but spicy salad that is great for a buffet, or to serve a crowd.
- 5 lbs new potatoes (cut into halves or quarters)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon harissa or 1 teaspoon chili paste
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 7 ounces kalamata olives
- Cook the potatoes in boiling salted water for 15-20 mins until tender, then drain well and tip into a large bowl.
- Tip the lemon juice, harissa, salt and pepper into a bowl and whisk well, then add the onion and olive oil and whisk again.
- Pour over the potatoes and olives, toss well, then leave to cool. Can be covered and chilled for up to 1 day.
This was a nice change from the usual potato salad served at family gatherings.