This potato quiche has a delicious crust. The recipe comes courtesy of Ettore's Resturant and Bakery in Sacramento, CA.
- 8 ounces butter (room temperature)
- 8 ounces cream cheese (room temperature)
- 2 cups pastry flour
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons flour
- 1 leek, stalk chopped
- 1 yukon gold potato, cooked and sliced
- 1⁄2 cup ham, cubed
- 1 cup swiss cheese, shredded
- For crust; mix butter and cream cheese until smooth, add thyme and flour and mix together.
- Roll out crust for a 9 inch pan and place in pie plate, flute and refrigerate.
- Custard; Whisk all ingredients together.
- Layer leek, potato, ham and cheese on the bottom of pie shell; Pour custard on top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40 to 45 minutes or until custard is set, blade of kinfe inserted come out clean.