Recipe by Barb G.
This potato quiche has a delicious crust. The recipe comes courtesy of Ettore's Resturant and Bakery in Sacramento, CA.
Top Review by gulsah w.
What a proper quiche base recipe, also the custard part was spot on. Instead of cream cheese made with feta, best base ever. Pastrami, mushroom and leek. It filled the pie dish, then left half of the dough for another one for freezer. Will use it to make chocolate cheese cake or so. Thanks for a lovely recipe that works well.
- 8 ounces butter (room temperature)
- 8 ounces cream cheese (room temperature)
- 2 cups pastry flour
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons flour
- 1 leek, stalk chopped
- 1 yukon gold potato, cooked and sliced
- 1⁄2 cup ham, cubed
- 1 cup swiss cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- For crust; mix butter and cream cheese until smooth, add thyme and flour and mix together.
- Roll out crust for a 9 inch pan and place in pie plate, flute and refrigerate.
- Custard; Whisk all ingredients together.
- Layer leek, potato, ham and cheese on the bottom of pie shell; Pour custard on top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40 to 45 minutes or until custard is set, blade of kinfe inserted come out clean.