Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
5-Ingredient Fix Contest Entry. My Grandmother used to make this for us when we were little. The combination of the onion and the pumpkin pie spices is really yummy but if you want you could use plain pumpkin puree'.
- 1 (20 ounce) bag Simply Potatoes Diced Potatoes with Onion
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree (with or without spice)
- 1 large onion, sliced thin
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Coat an 8x8 glass baker with 1T of the melted butter.
- Sprinkle 1c of the potatoes in the dish.
- Layer the onion to cover the potatoes.
- Sprinkle the pepper over the onions.
- Take a 1/2c of the puree' and drop dollops of the pumpkin on top of the onions, and spread with the back of a spoon.
- Repeat for a second layer.
- Add the remaining potatoes to the top, pushing down slightly to ensure no gaps, and drizzle with the remaining 2T of butter.
- Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes, removing the foil for the last 10 minutes to crisp the top.