1 hr 30 mins
Romany The Cat's Note:
Haven't made this for a while but it was a good, tasty treat. I tried substituting yohgurt for the cream but it really altered the taste.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 750 g potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 900 g butternut pumpkin, peeled and cut into chunks
- 100 g butter
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup cream
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- salt, pepper and nutmeg to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped chives
- 2 teaspoons chopped thyme
- extra butter
- 2 -3 evenly sized potatoes
- 120 g grated gruyere or 120 g jarlsberg cheese
- 1 tablespoon breadcrumbs, extra
- 1Boil potato and garlic until tender.
- 2Steam pumpkin until tender.
- 3Mash potatoes and garlic with half the butter, half the parmensan, half the cream, one egg, salt, pepper and chives.
- 4Repeat with the pumpkin, using half other ingredients, with the nutmeg and thyme.
- 5Line the base of a 24cm cake tin (I use a springform) with baking paper, butter base and sides, and coat with breadcrumbs, tap out excess.
- 6Peel and slice remaining potatoes and layer the base of the tin.
- 7Spoon mashed potato mixture over and even out.
- 8Put in grated cheese and pat down lightly leaving a slight border all around.
- 9Spread pumpkin mixture on top.
- 10Mix 2 tbsp of parmesan and all leftover crumbs and sprinkle over the top.
- 11Bake 50-60 minutes until golden.
- 12Remove from oven and leave for 15 minutes.
- 13Invert onto a serving plate.
- 14Sprinkle top with parmesan and place under hot grill for about 5 minutes until golden.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Potato, Pumpkin and Cheese Cake
Serving Size: 1 (319 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 529.7
- Calories from Fat 256
- Total Fat 28.5 g
- Saturated Fat 16.9 g
- Cholesterol 150.1 mg
- Sodium 353.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.5 g
- Sugars 5.3 g
- Protein 17.5 g