Prep 25 mins
Cook 4 mins
- 3 medium potatoes, cut up
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- oil (for frying)
- Cover potatoes with water and cook until tender.
- Mash with butter.
- Add salt, garlic powder, egg, and flour, mix well.
- Toss onto a well floured surface.
- Make into small balls, about 1-1/2 inch.
- Heat oil to 375*.
- Drop potato balls into hot oil and fry for 2-3 minutes, or until golden brown.
- May do this in batches; keep warm in oven.
These are good tasting, but to me, not hardly worth the work boiling the potatoes and then frying them during preparation. My potatoe mixture was a little like stiff cookie dough, so I did not form balls but dropped the mixture by spoonfuls into the hot oil to fry.