Recipe by MizzNezz
Top Review by Bertha C.
These are good tasting, but to me, not hardly worth the work boiling the potatoes and then frying them during preparation. My potatoe mixture was a little like stiff cookie dough, so I did not form balls but dropped the mixture by spoonfuls into the hot oil to fry.
- 3 medium potatoes, cut up
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- oil (for frying)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cover potatoes with water and cook until tender.
- Mash with butter.
- Add salt, garlic powder, egg, and flour, mix well.
- Toss onto a well floured surface.
- Make into small balls, about 1-1/2 inch.
- Heat oil to 375*.
- Drop potato balls into hot oil and fry for 2-3 minutes, or until golden brown.
- May do this in batches; keep warm in oven.