Recipe by Karen From Colorado
This is an excellent way to use up left-over mashed potatoes but can also be made with cooled instant mashed potatoes. Good as a side dish.
Top Review by JustJanS
I made these at work, and they are so good. It's an easy recipe, and I think the variations could be endless. I wanted to add cheese (I work at a cheese and butter factory), but thought I better make the original recipe first! The mixture is quite sticky, so I found it was better to use a second spoon to push the puffs off into the oil.
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons snipped parsley
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 beaten eggs
- 1 cup mashed potatoes
- cooking oil (for deep-fat frying)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine flour, parsley, baking powder, salt and onion powder.
- Stir in eggs and mashed potatoes, mixing well.
- Heat 1 1/2 inches of oil to 365ºF degrees.
- Using about 1 well rounded tablespoon for each, drop potato mixture into hot oil a few at a time.
- Fry for 3 to 4 minutes or until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towel.