Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Great way to use up leftover mashed potatoes.
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon double-acting baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup mashed potatoes
- 1 slightly beaten egg
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- Heat medium saucepan filled halfway with cooking oil to approximately 385 degrees.
- Combine all ingredients.
- Drop potato mixture (approximately 1 teaspoon at a time) into hot fat.
- Fry until golden brown on each side.
- Drain on absorbent paper.
- Keep warm in 350 degree oven.
My grandmother made these except she made them into pancakes and fried them. I miss them but now I have the recipe! True comfort food! Thanks for sharing!