Prep 1 hr
Cook 30 mins
Easy and wonderful side dish when your tired of the plain potato!!!!!
- 12 medium potatoes
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups sharp shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- salt and pepper
- peel and cut potatoes into large cubes.
- Cook in large pan with salted water (as if making mashed potatoes).
- Cook until tender,drain well.
- Mash potaotes well and return to stove on low heat.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir until all the cheese is melted.
- Batter will be slightly thin due to the egg.
- Pour into a well butter 13x9 pan.
- Bake at 350 uncovered for 30 minutes.
I will quote my husband after he took his first bite: "Excellent!" Very,very tasty. I used Yukon Golds and did add a little sour cream because I do whenever I make mashed potatoes - also put the milk in when I whipped them.I saw this on the post about being sick of potatoes made the usual ways and had to try it. It's a keeper, and the little bit that was left is in the fridge for my daughter. Thanks for this great recipe.