3 hrs 5 mins
No, I didn't stutter! Two ways of using potatoes in this recipe. Simple and tasty. Excellent recipe for not-so-expert cooks. When the meat is done, so is the gravy. The long slow cooking makes the meat very tender. This recipe has been hanging around my house for many years.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place meat in roasting pan; surround with potatoes and carrots. Parsnips might be good here also.
- 2Season with salt and pepper and anything else you might admire. Garlic?.
- 3Mix canned soup and dry onion soup together.
- 4Top roast with sliced onion and soup mixture.
- 5Cover tightly with foil and/or lid.
- 6Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 20 minutes.
- 7Reduce heat to 225 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 8Bake for 2 to 3 hours or until meat is tender.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Potato Potato Pot Roast
Serving Size: 1 (513 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 786.8
- Calories from Fat 201
- Total Fat 22.4 g
- Saturated Fat 10.0 g
- Cholesterol 228.0 mg
- Sodium 1379.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 68.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.7 g
- Sugars 7.1 g
- Protein 79.8 g