Prep 5 mins
Cook 3 hrs
No, I didn't stutter! Two ways of using potatoes in this recipe. Simple and tasty. Excellent recipe for not-so-expert cooks. When the meat is done, so is the gravy. The long slow cooking makes the meat very tender. This recipe has been hanging around my house for many years.
- Place meat in roasting pan; surround with potatoes and carrots. Parsnips might be good here also.
- Season with salt and pepper and anything else you might admire. Garlic?.
- Mix canned soup and dry onion soup together.
- Top roast with sliced onion and soup mixture.
- Cover tightly with foil and/or lid.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 20 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 225 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Bake for 2 to 3 hours or until meat is tender.