1/3 Photos of Potato Pork Pie
I posted this recipe before I tried it, because it looked so good. I finally made this tonight and it is a huge hit with my family. Really great flavor and super easy to throw together. From 2001 Taste of Home Annual Cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs potatoes, peeled & cubed
- 1/3 cup whipping cream
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can beef broth
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 4 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced, divided
- 2 1/2 cups cooked pork, cubed
- 1Preheat oven to 375.
- 2Cook potatoes until tender, drain well and mash with cream, 2 tbsp butter, salt and pepper.
- 3Spread 1 1/2 cups mashed potatoes into greased, shallow 1 1/2 quart baking dish.
- 4In a skillet, saute onion and garlic in remaining butter until tender.
- 5Stir in flour until blended.
- 6Gradually stir in broth, mustard, thyme and 2 tbsp parsley.
- 7Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- 8Stir in pork; heat through.
- 9Pour over potato crust.
- 10Pipe or spoon remaining potatoes over top.
- 11Bake, uncovered, for 35-40 minutes or until potatoes are lightly browned.
- 12Sprinkle with remaining parsley.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Potato Pork Pie
Serving Size: 1 (272 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 273.2
- Calories from Fat 122
- Total Fat 13.5 g
- Saturated Fat 7.9 g
- Cholesterol 39.1 mg
- Sodium 920.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 6.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: