Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
My parents and grandparents would make this occasionally and I have always loved it. Once in awhile I'll make it with mashed potatoes on the side instead of cooking potato slices with the pork chops.The additional mushrooms are optional. I've even obmitted the sour cream and milk in a pinch and it still came out really good.
- 4 pork chops, about 1/2 inch thick
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup, condensed variety
- 1 cup onion, sliced
- 1 cup mushroom, sliced (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 3 cups potatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Brown chops on both sides in 10 inch skillet. Set chops aside.
- In a medium sized bowl mix soup, onion, mushrooms, salt, pepper, sour cream and milk; pour half of this mixture in a 9 X 13 inch baking dish.
- Arrange potatoes in the baking dish over soup mixture; top potatoes with the chops.
- Add remaining soup mixture over potatoes and chops. Sprinkle with paprika.
- Cover and bake 1 hour.
- Uncover and bake 15 minutes more.