Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Easy to prepare and tastes great.
- 2 cups poha (beaten rice)
- 1 large potato
- 1 medium white onion
- 2 green chilies
- 1 teaspoon Urad Dal
- 1⁄4 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 2 teaspoons peanuts
- 1 teaspoon cashew nuts
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 1 pinch turmeric powder
- 1 lemon
- 2 -3 coriander leaves
- 2 -3 curry leaves
- salt (to taste)
- Soak the poha in water (~5 minutes). Poha absorbs the water. Wash and drain all the remaining water.
- Add some salt , turmeric powder and keep aside.
- Cut the potatoes into small cubes, chop the onions, chillies, coriander leaves.
- Heat oil and add urad dal, mustard seeds, peanuts, curry leaves and fry until they crackle.
- Add chopped onions, cook for 5 minutes.
- Add chopped potatoes saute for few minutes, then add chillies.
- Cook till they are done. Add the poha, coriander leaves and stir.
- Keep it on slow flame for 5- 7 minutes.
- Let it cool for sometime and add then lemon juice.