1/1 Photo of Potato Pockets Filled With Spinach-Chili
1 hr 30 mins
Mia in Germany's Note:
From the magazine of a local grocery. The potatoes have to be starchy potatoes! I haven't made this recipe yet, just posting for safe keeping. The magazine didn't say how many pockets you'll get, so I can only guess that it's meant for 4 servings.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 21 ounces potatoes, starchy
- 1 ounce butter
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 3/4 ounces cornstarch
- salt, to taste
- nutmeg, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup polenta
- 1Bake potatoes at 320 F about 1 hour.
- 2Let cool until just warm, peel and puree.
- 3Mix pureed potatoes with 2 egg yolks, starch butter and salt, pepper, nutmeg to taste.
- 4Roll out dough thinly (about 1/4 inch) between two sheets of baking paper which are dusted with some starch.
- 5Cut out as many rounds of 6 inches diameter as possible.
- 6Generously sprinkle cookie sheet with polenta.
- 7Carefully, using a spatula, place dough rounds onto polenta sprinkled cookie sheet. Refrigerate.
- 8For the filling, saute finely chopped shallots, garlic, chili and whole pine nuts in 2 1/2 ounces butter. Add spinach, saute shortly, season with salt, pepper, nutmeg to taste.
- 9Cream remaining egg yolk, baste dough rounds with egg yolk and place 1 tablespoon filling on one half of each round.
- 10Put aside remaining spinach filling.
- 11With a spatula, carefully flip other half of dough rounds over and seal rims, pressing lightly with a fork.
- 12In a large pot, bring slightly salted water to a slow boil, carefully place dough pockets in simmering water, let simmer for 3 - 5 minutes.
- 13Place remaining spinach on plates. Get pockets out of the boiling water, place on bed of spinach. Pour molten butter over the pockets, if desired.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Potato Pockets Filled With Spinach-Chili
Serving Size: 1 (370 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 533.5
- Calories from Fat 262
- Total Fat 29.2 g
- Saturated Fat 14.3 g
- Cholesterol 177.8 mg
- Sodium 292.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 60.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.2 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 11.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: