- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 poblano chiles, roasted, peeled, seeded, and chopped
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- salt and pepper
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 lbs boiling potatoes, chopped, with skins
- 1 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt the butter in a large stockpot over med-high heat. Sauté garlic, onion, chiles, cumin, salt and pepper about 7 minutes.
- Add chicken broth and potatoes. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer uncovered about 30 minutes until potatoes are tender.
- Purée in a blender (or use immersion blender to desired consistency. Return to pot and add milk. Serve hot.