These are very yummy, moist and focaccia like buns. The original recipe comes from a famours German chef (the German Jamie Oliver), called Tim Mälzer. I have modified it slightly to suit my taste. Feel free to sub other herbs and spices for the Italian blend I used. These are great for dinner or lunch perhaps served with a soup or topped with cheese.
- Preheat your oven to 200°C/400°F.
- Grate the potatoes finely into a big bowl.
- Add flour, baking powder, salt, herbs. Mix well. Add water and oil. Stir well to combine.
- Using your hands form small balls, put them onto a paper-lined baking sheet and flatten slightly. Sprinkle with cheese if using.
- Bake for about 30 minutes (you might want to check after 20 minutes).
- Note: These are great eaten directly from the oven, but can also be eaten cold.