1/1 Photo of Potato "Pizza"
Here's a different dish, suitable for a snack or appetizer, lunch, or a light dinner. It's based on a Canadian Living recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 potatoes
- 1 onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 red sweet bell pepper, slivered
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (, substitute provolone if you wish)
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1Preheat oven to 450F (230C); brush a 12-inch round pizza pan with cooking oil (preferably olive oil) and set aside.
- 2Wash potatoes well, do NOT peel, slice thinly and place in a large mixing bowl.
- 3Add onion and olive oil and combine.
- 4Add red pepper, garlic, parsley, salt, rosemary and pepper, and stir gently.
- 5Spread potato mixture on greased pizza pan and bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes or until tender, brown, and crisp.
- 6Sprinkle cheeses on pizza and bake for approximately 5 minutes more, or until golden brown.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Potato "Pizza"
Serving Size: 1 (226 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 234.7
- Calories from Fat 72
- Total Fat 8.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 11.0 mg
- Sodium 328.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 7.6 g