Here's a different dish, suitable for a snack or appetizer, lunch, or a light dinner. It's based on a Canadian Living recipe.
- 5 potatoes
- 1 onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 red sweet bell pepper, slivered
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1⁄4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (, substitute provolone if you wish)
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 450F (230C); brush a 12-inch round pizza pan with cooking oil (preferably olive oil) and set aside.
- Wash potatoes well, do NOT peel, slice thinly and place in a large mixing bowl.
- Add onion and olive oil and combine.
- Add red pepper, garlic, parsley, salt, rosemary and pepper, and stir gently.
- Spread potato mixture on greased pizza pan and bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes or until tender, brown, and crisp.
- Sprinkle cheeses on pizza and bake for approximately 5 minutes more, or until golden brown.
We loved these potatoes,I did not add peppers,hate them! But all else was great thanks
I remember my aunt used to make this for me when I was growing up. I wanted to recreate her recipe, but I couldn't remember what she used. I tried this out and it was fabulous! Thank you for the recipe!