Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
Got this recipe from a lovely Polish lady I worked with. They are SO good!
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon soft butter
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3⁄4-1 cup warm milk
- 2 cups mashed potatoes
- 2 tablespoons butter
- salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter (for frying)
- Sift flour, mix with salt, butter and eggs.
- Add warm milk to make a soft dough.
- Roll out dough on floured surface.
- Roll to about 1/8 inch thickness.
- Cut in 2inch squares.
- Put 1 t filling on each.
- Fold in 1/2 to make a triangle.
- Pinch edges.
- Drop into boiling water until they float.
- Fry briefly in the butter.
I invited our new neighbour over for lunch and they absolutely adored these little devils! I made them with my daughter, and she really enjoyed sealing the pieroggies. I served it with some sour cream blended with paprika and cilantro. What a delight! I think next time I will try to put some riccota in the filling, what do you think? :0)
Cindy, I'm sorry I don't have the recipe for the casserole. I will look around and see if I can find it for you. Meanwhile, it would be a good idea to go to Community Disscussion Area and post the question in Request A Recipe. Then you would have all the chefs looking for you!! I'm glad you liked the pierogis!!
Good things to add to the potatoe mixture are: green onions bacon bits cheddar cheese My kids love these...