Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
I've had this recipe in one of my files so long that I don't remember where it came from and I had forgotten all about it. It is definitely one that I really enjoyed or I wouldn't have taken the time to hand-write it on a recipe file card. Hope you enjoy it too!
- 283.49 g packagefrozen scalloped potatoes mix, thawed (or substitute dehydrated mix)
- 453.59 g canpeeled tomatoes (or 1 quart home canned)
- 2.46 ml italian seasoning
- 113.39 g pepperoni, sliced
- 113.39 g can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 113.39 g mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Prepare potatoes according to package directions using 1 cup of the tomatoes for 1 cup of water called for on package.
- Set aside.
- Combine remaining tomatoes with Italian seasoning.
- Mix well.
- Spoon over potatoes.
- Top with pepperoni and mushrooms.
- Cover with cheese.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 30-35 minutes or until done.
- Cheese should be golden brown.
- Note: If using dehydrated, baking time may need to be increased accordingly.
What a delight - I added cooked Italian sausage, used dehydrated scalloped potatoes - 45 minutes in the oven - served with a green salad and there's your whole dinner. Oh yes I used fresh mushrooms. Added some onion lightly sauted in addition to the recipe ingredients Thanks Cindy Lynn
The toppings can be endless but this was great! My DH is already asking for me to make this very easy dish again. More then likely you have all the ingredients on hand. I used Velveeta scalloped potatoes with bacon. Used jar Prego sauce. Followed the box direction to microwave using all water just because I can`t follow directions.I did follow the rest of the directions baking in a 9x13 inch pan. Cheers to Cindy!
This was very tasty and my kids loved it. I had to go the way of homemade scalloped potatoes (can't get frozen or dehydrated here) and half-baked them before adding the rest of the ingredients. I also used fresh rather than canned mushrooms. My kids want this again!