Recipe by Cindy Lynn
I've had this recipe in one of my files so long that I don't remember where it came from and I had forgotten all about it. It is definitely one that I really enjoyed or I wouldn't have taken the time to hand-write it on a recipe file card. Hope you enjoy it too!
Top Review by Bergy
What a delight - I added cooked Italian sausage, used dehydrated scalloped potatoes - 45 minutes in the oven - served with a green salad and there's your whole dinner. Oh yes I used fresh mushrooms. Added some onion lightly sauted in addition to the recipe ingredients Thanks Cindy Lynn
- 283.49 g packagefrozen scalloped potatoes mix, thawed (or substitute dehydrated mix)
- 453.59 g canpeeled tomatoes (or 1 quart home canned)
- 2.46 ml italian seasoning
- 113.39 g pepperoni, sliced
- 113.39 g can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 113.39 g mozzarella cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare potatoes according to package directions using 1 cup of the tomatoes for 1 cup of water called for on package.
- Set aside.
- Combine remaining tomatoes with Italian seasoning.
- Mix well.
- Spoon over potatoes.
- Top with pepperoni and mushrooms.
- Cover with cheese.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 30-35 minutes or until done.
- Cheese should be golden brown.
- Note: If using dehydrated, baking time may need to be increased accordingly.