Recipe by Cindy Lynn
I've had this recipe in one of my files so long that I don't remember where it came from and I had forgotten all about it. It is definitely one that I really enjoyed or I wouldn't have taken the time to hand-write it on a recipe file card. Hope you enjoy it too!
Top Review by Bergy
What a delight - I added cooked Italian sausage, used dehydrated scalloped potatoes - 45 minutes in the oven - served with a green salad and there's your whole dinner. Oh yes I used fresh mushrooms. Added some onion lightly sauted in addition to the recipe ingredients Thanks Cindy Lynn
- 1 (10 ounce) packagefrozen scalloped potatoes mix, thawed (or substitute dehydrated mix)
- 1 (1 lb) canpeeled tomatoes (or 1 quart home canned)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 4 ounces pepperoni, sliced
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 4 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare potatoes according to package directions using 1 cup of the tomatoes for 1 cup of water called for on package.
- Set aside.
- Combine remaining tomatoes with Italian seasoning.
- Mix well.
- Spoon over potatoes.
- Top with pepperoni and mushrooms.
- Cover with cheese.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 30-35 minutes or until done.
- Cheese should be golden brown.
- Note: If using dehydrated, baking time may need to be increased accordingly.