Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 hrs
This is being posted in response to a request. It is from "125 best Vegetarian Slow Cooker Recipes" by Judith Finlayson. Time to make does not take into account cooking the potatoes.
- 6 cups potatoes
- 1 cup roasted unsalted peanuts, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup parsley, finely chopped
- 2 sun-dried tomatoes, finely chopped (reconstituted if necessary)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- fresh ground pepper
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup chili sauce
- 4 ounces cream cheese, diced and softened
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- boiling water
- tomato sauce (optional)
- Spray an 8x5 inch loaf pan. Put it aside.
- Peel, dice, and cook the potatoes and then set aside.
- In a large bowl mix the cooked potatoes, the peanuts, green onions, parsley, sun-dried tomatoes, salt, chili powder, and pepper.
- Add the eggs, chili sauce, cream cheese, and the 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese. Mix it all together well.
- Put the mix into the prepared pan. Sprinkle the additional 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese on top.
- Cover the loaf pan tightly with foil and secure it closed with a rubber band or string.
- Put the pan in your crock pot. Put enough boiling water into the bottom of your crock pot to come 1 inch up the sides of the crock pot. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours or high for 4 hours.
- Serve warm with tomato sauce if desired.
- This can be made the night before and refrigerated overnight. In the morning place it in the crock pot and proceed from there.