Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
An interesting way to jazz up plain ol' spuds. From Cooking Light magazine.
Make and share this Potato-Peanut Cakes recipe from Food.com.
- 3⁄4 lb yukon gold potato
- 1 slice bacon
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels (about 2 ears)
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1⁄4 cup sliced green onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped peanuts
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- cooking spray
- fresh thyme (to garnish) (optional)
- Place potatoes in a saucepan;cover with water.
- bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes or until tender.
- Drain and cool.
- Shred into a large bowl.
- Cook bacon in a large non-stick skillet until crisp.
- Remove bacon from pan, crumble.
- Add corn, onion, bell pepper and chopped thyme to drippings.
- Cook until onion is tender, about 4 minutes.
- Combine potatoes, bacon, corn mixture, green onions, peanuts, salt and egg.
- Stir with a fork until well blended.
- Coat a non-stick griddle or skillet with cooking spray.
- Spoon about 1/3 cup potato mixture onto hot griddle;flatten slightly with a spatula.
- Cook 5 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Garnish with thyme sprigs if desired.
THE best potato patty/cake I've ever had. The crunchy peanuts and combination of vegetable flavors, textures and colors send this way over the top.This makes 8 patties which, at our house, is far less than 8 servings. I'm not going to change a thing next time. These are perfect.