Prep 2 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is the result of a pantry sweep for dinner. I based it on my mom's old "german fried potatoes" that I had as a kid. That recipe was basically potatoes and onions browned in a TON of butter on a skillet. Hopefully this is a little less fattening, although I Did go for a little bacon grease but only because I didn't have any bacon.
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Earth Balance margarine
- 1 teaspoon bacon grease
- 1 large russet potato
- 1⁄2 small onion
- 1⁄4 cup dried split peas
- 4 slices sun-dried tomatoes
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon rosemary
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
- Pre-heat oven to 400.
- Cook dried split peas in salted boiling water until desired tenderness. Set aside.
- Heat olive oil, margarine, and bacon grease in skillet. Slice potato and onion thinly and toss in skillet. Salt, pepper, and add rosemary. Saute until onions and potatoes start to brown.
- Chop sun dried tomatoes and add to skillett. Add peas to skillet. Stir. Top with parmesean cheese.
- Place in oven until potatoes are cooked through and cheese has browned.