Recipe by CookingSandefer
This is a great way to get babies to eat mashed potatoes. They are great for adults too! Very yummy! If you don't have cornflakes you can use any low-sugar cereal. Also try this recipe with 1/4 t nutmeg. I like to make mashed potatoes with the peels on. You can do it either way with this recipe. These freeze well. This recipe is from Better Baby Food
Top Review by DadCooksItAll
I tried this with an organic version of Corn Flakes and it didn't work as well. I think a little sugar is a good thing for this recipe (regular Corn Flakes, or even Frosted Flakes), and I think the nutmeg is a must unless trying for young toddlers - in which case plain may be better. A little plain, but easy enough to jazz up a bit.
- 3 large potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups crushed corn flakes
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium saucepan, cook potatoes in boiling water for 15 minutes or until tender. Drain well.
- Mash potatoes well.
- Stir in butter, milk, egg, salt and pepper. Beat until smooth.
- When mixture is cool enough to handle, scoop out 1 inch balls.
- Flatten and roll in crushed crumbs and place on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 min at 450 or until browned. Turn once halfway through cooking.