Prep 45 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a great way to get babies to eat mashed potatoes. They are great for adults too! Very yummy! If you don't have cornflakes you can use any low-sugar cereal. Also try this recipe with 1/4 t nutmeg. I like to make mashed potatoes with the peels on. You can do it either way with this recipe. These freeze well. This recipe is from Better Baby Food
- 3 large potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups crushed corn flakes
- In a medium saucepan, cook potatoes in boiling water for 15 minutes or until tender. Drain well.
- Mash potatoes well.
- Stir in butter, milk, egg, salt and pepper. Beat until smooth.
- When mixture is cool enough to handle, scoop out 1 inch balls.
- Flatten and roll in crushed crumbs and place on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 min at 450 or until browned. Turn once halfway through cooking.
I tried this with an organic version of Corn Flakes and it didn't work as well. I think a little sugar is a good thing for this recipe (regular Corn Flakes, or even Frosted Flakes), and I think the nutmeg is a must unless trying for young toddlers - in which case plain may be better. A little plain, but easy enough to jazz up a bit.