Recipe by Hey Jude
My family loves these potatoes and I make them often. I got the recipe from the Good Eating section of the Chicago Tribune.
Top Review by Pets'R'us
These pats were a very nice side dish. I liked all the added flavorings and I made them again last night and flattened them more, like you do with potato pancakes, it worked just as good and it made more more servings. I served them with roast chicken and vegetables. Very nice, thanks for posting!
- 3 medium baking potatoes, peeled,coarsely grated
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons horseradish mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir together potatoes, onion, flour, salt, baking powder and pepper in a medium bowl.
- Whisk together egg, cream, mustard and Worcestershire sauce in a small bowl.
- Stir into potato mixture.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Drop mixture into oil, forming 6 patties.
- Cook, covered, until browned on on side, about 10 minutes.
- Turn patties; cook on second side until tender and browned.