1/1 Photo of Potato Pastry Dough
Adapted slightly from Vicki's Vegan Kitchen (Square One (2011)). This is a super tender, but easy to work with pastry dough that can be modified for savoury tarts by simply removing the sugar and nutmeg. This recipe is best suited for bottom crusts, but rolled thinly it can be used as a topper too. This is also delicious made with sweet potatoes, especially for apple pie.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a mixing bowl, stir together the potatoes, oil, lemon juice, brown sugar and sea salt until well blended.
- 2Add the flour, baking powder and nutmeg and mix well.
- 3Divide in half, wrap each half in cling wrap and refrigerate 1 hour.
- 4Working one half at a time, roll out into a thin circle between sheets of wax paper.
- 5Turn into a 9" pie plate. Repeat with remaining half of dough.
- 6Use immediately or wrap well in cling wrap, then heavy duty foil, and freeze up to 6 months.
Browse Our Top Crusts/Pastry Dough Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Crusts/Pastry Dough Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Potato Pastry Dough
Serving Size: 1 (23 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 53.3
- Calories from Fat 17
- Total Fat 1.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.2 mg
- Sodium 98.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 1.2 g